Are you passionate about your work and want to utilize state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for the nation's security? If so, you could be the highly motivated Electromechanical Technologist we seek to support the Electronic Neutron Generator (ELNG) Product Realization Team (PRT) in Department 02582.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work on ELNG design prototypes (assembly, soldering, encapsulation, inspection, disassembly, machining).
- Build assembly procedures for new designs.
- Take measurements of product using gauges, OGP, X-ray, etc.
- Contribute to fixture designs for testing and assembly in production.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot product (e.g. determine what failed using a disciplined approach).
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Support tests at different facilities throughout Sandia.
- Help the PRT meet ELNG development deliverables.
- Maintain VTR capabilities (own equipment, identify equipment needs, partner with facilities).
- Set up test equipment, perform tests and/or experiments, analyze and present data, and assist in resolution of technical issues.
- Craft standard Operating Procedures.
- Improve on the safety and security methods for the ELNG test and assembly areas (e.g. Security Plans, Engineering Safety Cases, PHS's).
Qualifications We Require
- 5 years of relevant experience.
Qualifications We Desire
- Trained and experienced in manual machining.
- Experience assembling complex electromechanical designs.
- Experience with soldering and familiar with IPC/J-STD.
- Experience with measurement and inspection systems.
- Hardware oriented person that can execute design, build, and test activities.
- Experience in problem solving and identifying solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Strong teaming and communication skills and a desire to function within a team.
- Strong technical user documentation skills.
- Willingness to undertake a wide variety of assignments and a self-starter.
- Familiar with cleaning operations of PC boards.
- Experience with laser marking/laser welding.
- CAD experience.
- Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Experience with high voltage applications (building and testing).
- Experience with HALT/HASS and temperature chamber operations.
- Experience with encapsulation.
- Experience creating and maintaining PHSs, Pressure Safety Data Packages, and Engineering Safety Cases.
- Experience creating standard Operating Procedures.
- Green Belt Certification and use of Lean tools.
- Active DOE clearance.