Vanda, a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients, is looking for a talented and patient focused Neuroscience Specialty Representative, preferably with a clinical background, to join our field team in promoting Hetlioz and Fanapt.
This role provides a unique opportunity for a qualified candidate to have an integral role in our expansion into Alaska while addressing the unmet medical needs of people in the community.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degreerequired
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Health or Life Sciences or related field, with strong academic record preferred.
- 5+ years successful biotech/pharmaceutical salesexperience
- Highly preferred: Atypical anti-psychotic, schizophrenia and orphan drug experience
- Preferred: Specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered
- Strong familiarity with the state of Alaska, its geography and medical system.
- Strong clinical and scientific knowledge and acumen
- Reimbursement experiencepreferred
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred
- Ability for high level of travel (approx. 75%) locally and within surrounding territories (will include overnights)
- Goal and results driven - proven track record of above average results
- Highly clinical, patient centric and tactical with excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Ability to navigate complex markets and organizations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Dynamic, High-impact individual
- Effective selling and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to read situations quickly and adjust for roadblocks
- Computer proficient
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume together with the names, addresses and telephone numbers of 3 references to:
Reference #: CM3009