About the Position:
The Service Line Director is responsible for strategic and business development in the Neuroscience Service Line across the region. This person is accountable for developing and executing strategies and business plans to support the organizational mission and growth of SAHS Neuroscience programs, as well as leading and coordinating strategic initiatives across multiple sites and through various strategic alliances.
He/she must work collaboratively with senior leaders, SAMG, independent physician partners, and inpatient and outpatient/clinic operational leaders to ensure alignment of strategy and operations. They will influence, guide, and work closely with departments to coordinate the components of the overall neuroscience service lines, creating synergies where possible and consistent quality of care and outcomes.
This position also has a matrixed relationship to SAMG VP of Specialty Operations with direct reports of Practice Managers or Outpatient Departmental Managers for defined areas of the physician network. Responsibilities in SAMG ranging from day-to-day operational workflow, development of services, and clinic financial management. Travel between sites is expected.
About Neuroscience Services:
As the regional provider of advanced neurological services, our Neurologists provide care for patients with complex conditions, neurodegenerative disorders, seizures, and general neurological disease. Working in partnership with community organizations whose mission is to improve the care and quality of life for patients with chronic, degenerative neurological diseases we are able to connect patients with support programs after they leave the hospital.
- Bachelor's degree in health or related business field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with preferred 7-10 years of progressive experience in developing, overseeing or interacting with physician groups, product lines, managed care and/or business development activities, in a large, complex, medical center.
- Significant successful experience in analyzing competitive health care environment, and developing and implementing strategic recommendations for improved market share in a dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
- Must have active driving privileges. If, during the course of employment, driving privileges change or colleague receives a driving citation, the colleague is required to notify their supervisor and/or HR.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates commitment to our core values through "Living Our Values "actions.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and an ability to influence, collaborate with and motivate others.
- Successful experience interacting with Board Committees and/or Directors, administrators, physicians and colleagues.
- Strong financial management, project management and business skills.
- Working knowledge of legal, regulatory, ethical, managerial, organizational requirements, principles and standards of care for service line hospitals and clinics.
- Progressive academic training and experiences, with the ability to work with various stakeholders across the region to advance the strategy and business plan.
- Ability to work in a matrix relationship across the health system.
- Accountable with dyad medical director to implement Service Line Regional Strategy Council. Intent of Council is to inform strategy development and monitor service line growth and performance.
- Develops service line organizational strategic and tactical plans including the following:
- Short and long-terms strategic growth and capital plans, including prioritization of new programs and capital investments
- Short and long-term physician alignment plans to include recruitment plans
- Analyzes new business opportunities appropriate for increasing the volume and services
- Works collaboratively with marketing and physician outreach to develop comprehensive plans supporting strategic growth plans.
- Executes effectively the established plans and the services of the functional areas of responsibility through analysis, measurement and monitoring, reporting, and adjusting the direction, allocation and utilization of available resources.
- Facilitates and manages team performance to the established performance levels by the effective use of, Performance Improvement Human Resources, data analytics, and financial skills/tools, techniques, and communications.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive working relationships with all relevant customers, colleagues, internal and external partners.
- Executes successfully the established plans and the services for the areas of responsibility within the physician network through analysis, measurement and monitoring, reporting, and adjusting the direction, allocation and utilization of available resources.
- Facilitates and manages team culture and performance through the effective use of process improvement techniques, business and financial knowledge and skills, and interpersonal communication.
- Effectively builds positive and productive relationships with physicians and providers that promote working together on strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Works collaboratively with clinic and departmental medical staff leadership in the strategic and daily operations of the clinics or departments.