Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a Neuroscience Sales Representative who wants to join an innovative and dynamic sales organization. We are seeking top talent to join our high performance sales team to make a difference in patient's lives every day and be part of building a great company. Vanda Pharmaceuticals provides that unique opportunity. This position offers a competitive compensation package.
The Neuroscience Sales Representative will be reporting into the Neuroscience District Sales Manager.
- Promote product in the assigned territory. Frequent collaboration with the District Sales Manager to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Secure product access and reimbursement within institutional systems as needed.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
- BS/BA degreerequired
- 3+ years of specialty pharmaceutical salesexperiencerequired
- AtypicalAnti-psychotic experiencerequired
- Experience in schizophrenia strongly preferred
- Preferred specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered
- Reimbursement experiencepreferred
- Goal and Results driven - proven track record of above average results
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred
- Ability to travel (may include overnights)
- Must reside within territory geography