The District Sales Manager is advanced in their demonstration of sales and leadership proficiencies. They are active participants in recruiting, hiring, training and development of Account Managers to meet and exceed sales goals and other sales-related objectives.
The successful Manager will lead their teams in the accomplishment of these objectives through coaching and feedback, enabling them to increase the market share of the company's products. This leader is fully self-sufficient and able to apply skills successfully in all situations.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience:
Business Plan Development and Execution:
- Attains the assigned sales objectives for the District and ensure achievement of designated goals for sales calls. Through the development of a local customized plan that meets the needs of the unique district market while staying aligned to organizational priorities.
- Ensures effective execution of the tactical and operational segments of the sales plans for all marketed products by the District’s representative staff.
- Actively participates in evaluation and refining of promotional strategies, business plans, and sales forecasts
- Execute District plans for deployment, including recruiting, hiring, training and development of Account Managers
- Provide on-going coaching through a consistent framework that allows for mutual identification of performance opportunities and dynamic action plans including follow up that measures progress towards agreed upon goals and expectations of competency
- Demonstrate flexible approach, employs distance coaching to increase quality coaching touch point frequency
- Develop Account Manager talent pool for higher levels of responsibility or deepen expertise and proficiency in their chosen therapeutic area
- Differentiate performance, provide feedback, and proactively address performance issues
- Plan and facilitate district meetings and participates in training, POA, and national meetings as required
- Develops operating budgets for District’s assigned representatives, operates District in assigned expense budget
- Monitors individual operating budgets and ensures team operates within budget- Works with internal partners to validatemarket trends and develop plans and tactics- Purposeful and ongoing collaboration to ensure successful execution and pull through of local tactics
Internal / External Partnerships:
- Coordinates the deployment of personnel and resources in an effort to maximize opportunities
- Coordinates with alliance partner sales management team within district geography on development and execution of sales plans
- Coordinates staffing of exhibits and connections occurring within the area of responsibility
- Manages key account coordination along with the Account Manager to develop relationships leading to increased profitability and better patient outcomes
- Represents OAPI before selected customers (e.g. key customer’s and customer groups)
- Utilizes local opinion leader relationships to stay current on dynamics and emerging influences that may impact Otsuka product portfolio
- Ensures full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to OAPI standards and to all state and federal regulations
- Complies with letter and spirit of all State and Federal laws, regulations, and guidance as well as PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and OAPI standards and policies relating to promotional activities
- Identification of risks and issues associated with non-compliance and implications of regulatory infractions
- Top Performance as evidenced and recognized by National Sales Awards
- Sales Performance ranked in the top third Nationally within the past 3 years based upon (documented) performance reviews
- At least 1 overall performance rating of Exceeds or greater within the past 3 years based upon (documented) performance review
- No Performance reviews below a Meets Expectations within the past 3 years
- 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- 2+ years Neuroscience sales experience
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited four year college or university (or the equivalent if education obtained outside of the United States)
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record
- Experience in a variety of functional areas e.g. Sales Training, Sales Operations, Marketing, etc.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field