US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This position's primary role is to operate and maintain network devices and to mitigate network outages and performance issues.
- Performs as the first line of defense to take appropriate action toward resolving network and system problems as they appear.
- Detects, analyzes, and resolves network switching and transmission system problems while minimizing impact on customer service.
- Differentiates between primary and secondary network failures.
- Based on the severity or type of event, determines what additional resources are required.
- Issues service interruption reports to requisite customer agencies
- Responsible for remotely supporting installation of various computer hardware equipment, and bringing systems ?on-line?.
- Monitors network devices and overall network health / performance.
- Responsible incident response, troubleshooting, and resolution per policies and procedures
- Implement technical solutions to mitigate outages or performance issues
- Provides guidance to operations shift members
- Participates in various working groups and boards related to process improvement and change authorization
- Performs software upgrades and patches to operational systems
- Interfaces with end users and customers as required
- Collaborates with software engineers, network operations, security operations, and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of IT systems
- Participates in critical recovery efforts
- Position will require shift work (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts, as well as 8-hour days)
- Associate?s degree in an IT related field
- Two of the following four certifications: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP
- Minimum 2 years of current NOC experience, as a Networking Specialist, NetworkTechnician, or Network Analyst, working on Cisco related equipment
- Minimum 1-yearexperience in troubleshooting and diagnosing switching/router problem
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree is highly preferred
- Bachelor?s degree in NetworkEngineering, plus 2 years?experience with Cisco related equipment as a Network Analyst, Network Specialist, or NetworkTechnician
- JCNCIA, or equivalent certification is preferred
- Proficiency in the OSI reference model and TCP/IP
- GIAC, Security +, MCSE, or Linux certification would be extremely helpfu
- ITIL v3 certification is a huge plus
- Previous helpdesk experience is preferred
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate technical terms/concepts to non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated, process oriented person that has a positive attitude