Lenovo is not just anothertechnology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We are looking for driven individuals who thrive in a truly global company and culture. This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo’s North American Networking Solutions Sales organization and apply your expertise, sales acumen and leadership skills in a role that has high visibility and impact. This is a quota-carrying senior sales role and the candidate will be driving the sales of Lenovo’s Networking Solutions and Products in the Data Center solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Lenovo NA Solutions Sales Team is a team of sellers with diverse sales skills across data center technologies and solutions. The Networking Solutions team are a part of this group, but with a deeper level of knowledge on Networking and its benefit and value to the Data Center infrastructure. This expertise is employed broadly in data center sales opportunities that can drive significant growth. To compete effectively, specific consultative sales expertise is required in Networking solutions and their role in the following areas:
• Networking Solutions
• Complex, multi-element solutions.
• Converged Solutions
• Hyperconverged Solutions
• Cloud Offerings
• Software Defined Storage
In this position, you will be leading the success of Lenovo account teams in selling networking solutions in a consultative fashion related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota. Excellent consultative selling, technology selling, presentation, and communication skills are a must. This position will cover accounts in commercial, healthcare, public sector accounts and work with Lenovo’s vast partner community in the designated territory.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
• Demonstrate excellence in the ability to drive Lenovo Networking opportunities at enterprise and acquisition prospects across all industries.
• Possess a deep knowledge of the I/T marketplace and can articulate the market dynamics in support of the benefits of Networking Technologies especially in support of Converged, Hyper-converged and Software Defined solutions.
• Articulate Lenovo data center networking benefits, strategic and technical offerings, and advantages relative to competitor offerings.
• Possess in-depth knowledge and mastery of key elements of the selling process (i.e., strategic sales planning, extended resource engagement, etc).
• Have extensive experience selling to companies greater than 1500 employees, complex selling cycle technology adopters, and Fortune 500 companies (both Private and Public Sector).
• Must have the ability to deliver the business value of Lenovo solutions, develop customer relationships, and expand on existing customer relationships.
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with complex strategic accounts calling on key decision makers at all levels of the account.
• Be an aggressive self-starter; little supervision required and be able to position "end-to-end" solutions and articulate Lenovo product and service strategies to senior customer executives.
• Negotiate solutions to issues with peers, management, senior executives and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
1. Drive to revenue acquisition sales objectives for Lenovo’s networking solutions business
2. Demonstrate business transformation and solution-selling approach.
3. Demonstrate executive relevance, and have ability to position complex solutions at senior IT and CxO level.
4. Demonstrate influence over Customer's & Partner’s strategy/behavior.
5. Demonstrate clear awareness of data center solutions market pressures, trends, and transitions.
6. Understand and articulate Lenovo’s vision, strategy and architectural approach to data center solutions.
7. Work in partnership with regional sales teams and partners to drive data center solutions business.
8. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with regional sales management.
9. Work with channel partners in territory and help them plan and execute a Lenovo data center solutions sales plan.
10. Work with the channel teams to increase partner coverage in all market segments.
11. Work with Marketing and Product Management teams to develop and launch sales initiatives to increase pipeline.
12. Extensive regional travelrequired.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 10+ years of successful experience managing a sales territory in a growing business environment (including prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base) is essential
• Minimum of 7-9 years experience selling data center technologies with heavy focus on networking.
• Proven track record in leading and winning major Networking business.
• Ideal candidate will have proven experience selling Networking Solutions.
• Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good listening and strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrated success in working with Channel partners and infrastructure technology partners.
• Experienced in multi-level selling and comfortable in influencing CxOs, IT Directors, Systems Managers, IT Managers, etc .
• Understand, articulate and position Lenovo’s Networking solutions both internally and externally.
• Strong solutions focused selling expertise for specific technologies based around a combination of Application, Server, Virtualization, Networking and Storage technologies .
• Must have in-depth knowledge of competitors and the best sales strategy to compete against them including Cisco, Arista, HP, Dell.
• Ability to work unsupervised and lead Sales engagements with Lenovo’s partners for Flex business.
• Strong team player and ability to lead a multi-functional virtual team.
• Open to change and has ability to adapt to Lenovo’s culture.