The Compass Center of Excellence at the Otis Elevator Service Center is seeking a Software Engineer. This individual will workon the design and development of Compass field and contracting tools.
- Design and develop field and contracting tools used to contract and install Otis’ Compass destination entry system and EMS Panorama.
- Work with field personnel to identify and document tool requirements from the perspective of our Compass installation and maintenance teams.
- Work with our contract engineering group to identify contract engineering tool requirements to optimize the efficiency of our engineering group.
- Utilizing Six Sigma tool set to document and optimize our Compass and EMS Panorama contracting processes.
- The candidate should have software design and development experience, preferably using a high level language such as Java.
- The candidate should be familiar with Printed Circuit Board components related to embedded software, such as CPU, memory devices and access, I/O chips, maskable and non maskable interrupts.
- The candidate should understand and have been exposed to operating system and compiler designs with the capability toapply the knowledge to their assigned software development activities.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a fast paced environment and be able to learn and work with multiple software components in parallel.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and debugging skills.
The minimal education requirement is a B.Sc. or BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
Job ID 01295893