The successful applicant will provide specialized computer network engineering support to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) and the 18th Intelligence Squadron located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
The applicant will review, coordinate, and recommend approval on the Planning and Implementation of Design Development of C4I Systems in the following areas:
Quality Assurance, Testing, Configuration Management, Software development and/or Prototyping, Software Maintenance, Database Management, Data Communications and Networking, Operating Systems, Systems Support Services, and Computer Security.
Those specific systems will include AIS on LANs, WANs, VTC systems, and Audio Visual Equipment.
The applicant will coordinate, review, and recommend changes to requirements for equipment purchases and project management functions to ensure that from a Systems Management approach all technical and business aspects are clearly planned and properly executed for C4I systems.
The applicant will coordinate with National Level Agencies, other MAJCOMs, local communications units, and other contractors to formulate requirements and specifications, program upgrades, establish budget estimates for future projects, and review, coordinate and provide recommendations on implementation of upgrade initiatives on a worldwide basis.
The applicant will maintain the hosting of equipment, keep systems current and updated to ensure security pthces and updates are maintained according to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), maintain system integrity, functionality, ensure backups of data and system state, install and update node and server equipment, update physical diagrams, update system documentation (including installation configurations for each host/client location), and update installation documentation as required for C4I systems.
The applicant will provide engineering assessments and technical evaluations on current technologies and capabilities, assist in determining communications, AIS and COMSEC Requirements, and provide a Monthly Status Report of all tasks scheduled and completed. Requirements:
- Top Secret Clearance with ability to pass a CI Polygraph.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field, although related 15years’ experience directly related to networkengineering, technologies, architectures, and protocols may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with engineering, administration, and/or management of Windows or Linux/UNIX-based network, databases, workstations, and/or servers.
- Under DoDD 8570.1 for individuals requiring privileged access to government systems, must possess a current CompTIA Security+ Certification, or attain one within 6 months of task start (i.e., System Administrator, or Information Assurance Officer)
- Must have a broad understanding of telecommunications and telecommunications interoperability and dependencies, radio frequency (RF) signaling, computer networking, and networksecurity.
- Must possess an excellent work ethic, be self-motivated, work well as an effective team-member and effectively communicate (both written and oral) ideas on complex issues.
- Must have experience in managing system acquisitions as well as in coordination with vendors and other external entities required for system integration.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of general networkarchitecture and protocol requirements. Must have in-depth knowledge of at least two telecommunications protocols/network types in detail (IP, ATM, SONET, etc), and have an ability to rapidly research and comprehend new protocol/network types as necessary to respond to tasking and evaluate for general interoperability.
- Have 10 years of network-related engineering.
- Have 10 years of experience and/or education directly related to networktechnologies.
- Extensive background in Sun Solaris.
14213: Network Telecommunications Engineer.