LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Network Technician for our High Point, NC office location.
In this position you will: Under limited direction, provide assistance in designing the network and security platforms, as well as, support of the network. Also assist in securityaudits, assessments, design, implementation and configuration.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with project managers, business analysts and contractors on security solutions to address customer's security requirements
- Research and provide information on security related solutions
- Provide assistance in software evaluations and testing of new and existing security solutions
- Function as an entry level support resource on network products and problems that are in use
- Conduct site surveys and document current site configuration and user requirements
- Follow engineering installation packages and work with installation team
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Associate’s degree in a technical area and 8-10 years of related experience or a combination of education, skills and related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Must be able to assume responsibility and work with limited supervision in a professional manner
- Possesses familiarity with installing, configuring, and operating networks in highly complex environments with specific protocols and instruct and direct those doing these tasks as well.
- Assists in documenting configuration changes at each site. Must have experience in using common test equipment (e.g. digital test sets, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers).
- Possesses knowledge of LAN/WAN design and implementation. An understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols is needed.
- Attention to detail is required in managing complex changes to customer networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.