Network Systems Engineer - Active secret clearance
NES desires a Network Systems Engineer with commercial /terrestrial communications skills to provide worldwide engineering and technical support services for replication, relocation, and upgrade of the US Army’s Technical Control Facilities. The Systems Engineer assigned to this project will prepare and review technical requirement documents, architectural and engineering designs for Command, Control, Communications, and Computer Systems (C4); conduct site visits and surveys; perform engineering oversight; and develop trade studies to inform the customer’s Analysis of Alternatives (AoA). The System Engineer will review Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), and Juniper training products to facilitate circuit configuration, migration, and cutover and review system administrator/field maintenance training support packages developed to support New Equipment Training. Systems Engineers assigned to this project must become familiar with a variety of US Army Publications that govern system design, evaluation, and testing.
The network systems engineer assigned to this project must possess the skills and experiences listed below.
- Cross-disciplinary skills in Command, Control, Communications, and Computer Systems, and Systems Engineering methodologies and generally accepted industry best practices.
- The ability to oversee and develop technical solutions for engineer, furnish, install, and test tasks and technically support communications systems through integration, implementation, fielding and sustainment.
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, manage multiple technical tasks, and interface with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Possess a strong knowledge of IP network engineering best practices and expertise supporting the following routing protocols: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP); Border Gateway Protocol (BGP); Open Shortest Path First (OSPF); and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Knowledge in Virtual Private Network (VPN); Multicast Routing; Quality of Service (QoS); Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP); and layer 2/3 switching methodologies.
- Proficient in troubleshooting system interfaces and activation of circuits.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to include Microsoft Project, Visio and Excel.
DOD 8570 IAT Level II (Ability acquire certification with 45 days of hire date)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Juniper Certified Network Associate (JCNA) Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
- The selected candidate MUST have an active Secret Clearance to begin employment with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
US CITIZENSHIP is required
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.