Configure, enhance and operate the enterprise network infrastructure, diagnostic tools, automation, and recovery systems using standard or proprietary scripting and utilities. Responsible for complex analysis and resolution of escalated problems within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1.0Provide leadership, oversight and support for network infrastructure installations to comply with BB&T, federal, state, local, and industry infrastructure standards
2. Manage Tier III incident and production support to maintain network availability and provide leadership to other Analysts.
3. Provide expert technical support on projects for voice, video, and data systems, including but not limited to LANs, and WLANs; Voice over IP, Wireless Access Points; and converged networks
4. Design and implement documented standards to ensure consistent testing of all data network elements, and work with Network Engineers to ensure proper testing methodology, results, and documentation
5. Establish and maintain effective communications and professional working relationships with clients, internal personnel, contractors, and outside contacts, including engineers and LOB members
6. Leads complex client service requests for infrastructure, voice and network equipment
7. Ensure compliance with change and configuration management procedures and update configuration management database
8. Provide client setup and maintenance of voice mail and voice equipment utilizing Cisco Unity and Call Manager
9. Develop and provide technical knowledge training /support to less-experienced personnel by providing guidance and performing periodic scheduled training sessions at the direction of management
10. Provide consulting services in network planning engineering, architecture, and the development of technical standards, including the development and distribution of operating procedure documentation
11. Manage projects to achieve department and company goals by coordinating with other engineers, other departments, and the BB&T Project Office. Utilize vendor resources as needed to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with department, company, industry, and legal standards
12. Manage the design and implementation of network (voice and data) equipment layouts in all BB&T communications rooms
13. Analyze and determine appropriate measures for converting any facility into an approved BB&T communications site
14. Perform site surveys and station reviews for branch and corporate locations, document infrastructure constraints, recommend feasible solutions and outline associated cost for projects
15. Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related technical field or equivalent education/experience 2. Five plus years of hands-on technical experience, with knowledge on LAN/WAN operations and network protocols.
3. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent experience
4. Three plus years working experience of Cisco VoIP, Cisco Telephony, and Cisco Infrastructure equipment
5. Subject Matter Expert with network and infrastructure technologies
6. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with vendors and other team members/departments throughout the organization
7. Strong Client Service Skills
8. Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
9. Capacity to acquire complex technical concepts through training and self-study
10. BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Service International) Technician certification or equivalent premise cabling experience
11. Ability to configure, move and install technical equipment
12. Ability to work flexible hours and in other regional locations as needed, including standby, project, and after hours-support
13. Ability to travel overnight for multiple days as required
14. Above average computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
15. Ability to develop and deliver technical training curriculum specific to the physical layer, voice and network infrastructure
16. Must possess independent decision making skills based on project requirements
17. Ability to work independently without supervision
18. Must be able to provide leadership for the department in the absence of management
19. Ability to effectively manage and execute on multiple assignments and tasks
Desired Skills and Competencies:
Certifications desired, including A+, Security +, Net+ or equivalent experience.