Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The Network System Administrator
will have the following responsibilities:
- assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
- Install network applications on Cisco network servers equipment; Maintain, tests, research and resolve network issues/
- Design, Implement and maintain various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
- Prepare data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Perform data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
- Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
- Interface and communicate effectively with customer.
- Able to work in a team environment.
-Cisco Nexus OS, IOS, IOS-XE configuration management and equipment upgrade experience
-Cisco ASA Firewall upgrade and management experience including IPSec VPNs
-WAN and Campus based LAN network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolutionDesired Skills:
-Windows Server 2012/2016, 10 deployment and management experience
-MS Powershell scripting, VMWare PowerCLI
-Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience
-VMWare VSphere ESXi 6.x experience
A Master's degree and 3 years' experience, Bachelor's Degree and 6 years' experience, Associate's Degree and 7years experience, or High School Grad and 9 years' experience in System Administration.
One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements
Candidate must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).