SkillStorm is seeking a Network / System Engineer for one of our clients in Plano, TX.
- Develop, test and deploy automated workflow in support of the IT business
- Research and implement process or technology improvements
- Provide technical guidance and expert-level consultation for complex automation workflows and deliver solutions that integrate technologies to carry out desired functions
- Delivering technical documentation for all projects completed
- Off-hours and weekend coverage when needed
- Minimum of 8+ years in Python
- Minimum of 3+ years in ELK
- Minimum of 8+ years in shell/Bash/Ksh.
- Good experience with docker containers, and familiarity with packer, terraform, vagrant etc
- Good experience in developing projects using XML, XSLT, SOAP, RESTful, SQL.
- Good experience in command line interfaces (CLI), third party APIs and integration.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex data-driven automations and queries using SQL and noSQL databases.
- Good proficiency in system, network, security and database operations, protocols and industry standard technologies.
- Good experience in developing secure technologies, knowledge in ACLs and roles based entitlements.
- Experience in systems analysis, modular design and creating API that support XML, JSON or other well-known interfaces.
- Application development skills and experience in integrating automation within an existing back-end IT systems and databases.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team with direct responsibilities.
- Experience with IT core applications like DNS, Active Directory, Kerberos, SMTP, Transactional DBs, Apache, etc.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt to changes in project scope.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Good understanding of developing fault tolerant solutions and knowledge in horizontal scaling and resiliency/HA.
- Experience with the following DB: MongoDB
- Experience with Configuration Management tools: Ansible
- Experience with version control systems (preferably with GIT/Subversion/Perforce).
- Experience with virtualization and cloud frameworks with the automation tools.
- Experience in server administration with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server.
- Experience or understanding in engineering for scale (creating solutions in very large environments).
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell development.
- Experience with large distributed environments (50,000+ servers).
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology including SCRUM and DevOps.