We are looking for Network Support Technician for our client in ?Jamestown, NY
Job Title: Network Support Technician
Job Location: Jamestown, NY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Provide Network installation and to identify and prioritize work.
- Work under thegeneral directionsupport of production networks in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Follow established standards and procedures for best practices, enabling compliance with published and adopted security guidelines.
- Work with the Network Operation groups to resolve Network connectivity problems.
- Coordinate with vendor maintenance and support personnel when problems arise and facilitate problem resolution.
- Work with Network Operations leadership of the US LAN/Telecom Services Group.
- Coordinate and/or perform configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of network equipment in MDF/IDF closets and data center.
- Design, coordinate and/or perform installation, troubleshooting, and repair of voice and data cabling in wiring IDF (intermediate distributionfacilities) closets and MDF/data center.
- Manage cable vendors for installations not done internally.
- Ensure network components, wiring and cabling methods, concepts, various applications and local building codes adhered to.
- Coordinate/prioritize daily work for local LAN staff.
- Off-Hours support for LAN/Telecom related outages.
- Technical aspects of LAN/WAN/Telecom hardware and software.
- Support installation/configuration/troubleshooting of Cisco IOS LAN Switches.
- Support installation/configuration/troubleshooting of Cisco Aironet Wireless Network Equipment.
- Support installation/configuration/troubleshooting of Cisco VoIP Technology.
- Support Moves/Adds/Changes of new network connections as required, keep network documentation updated
- Available to travel for installation projects at other US locations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network systems and identify and correct problems.
- Provide assistance in identifying and documenting processes and procedures.
- Works well with exempt and contractor personnel on network issues and escalations.
- Assist Network Operations with troubleshootingnetwork connectivity issues.
Skills considered a must for the position:
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent 8+ years of experience
- Support installation/configuration/troubleshooting of Cisco LAN/WAN Routers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior customer supportexperience