Network Support Engineer
On-site Network Support Engineer - Washington DC
Our client is continuing to grow and their Support Services Engineering Team is expanding! If you have strong technical skills in network management, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while troubleshooting & resolving customer issues, this position may be for you!
Our client appreciates individuals who are eager to apply their talent and drive and want to make a difference. They are looking for highly skilled individuals with the ambition it takes to achieve quality results.
Due to the nature of the security clearances for this role, the candidate must be a US born, natural citizen.
On-site Network Support Engineers work in the fast-paced environment with world-class engineers and customers, and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis to ensure the customer always has access to the critical data that our products provide.
Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex product issues
Interface with their world-class support, development and SQA teams to identify and to resolve product issues
Utilizing company's Knowledge Management database, research & develop technical tips and solutions
Advise customer on network management best practices using their product suite
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science / NetworkSecurity or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 5years in network management supporting external customers
- 2 plus years in critical and managed customer care
- Proven expertise in customer relationship and management
- Network Management experience in Financial environment preferred
- Experience working remotely, but cooperatively with HQ
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex network problems
- Cisco Certification (CCNA minimum, CCNP preferred)
- Linux Certification (RHTC minimum)
- Project Management Certification a plus (PMP)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating system environments. Server Hardware Support Certification a plus (Dell DOSD)
- VMWare Certification a plus
- Ability to write technical articles outlining problems resolution and troubleshooting steps (contribute knowledge to the knowledge base)
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
Must have excellent communications and NOT be looking for Virtual!