Imperva, the leader in Data Security, is looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to join the Global Customer and Product Support Team, to be located at our Plano, TX office. This is a key role at Imperva and as a Cloud Support Engineer, for our diverse and industry leading customers, you will be part of the Global Support Team working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA and Sales Security Engineering (SE). Also working with Partners, you will be responsible for incoming Level-2 and 3 support calls from our customers in the US and resolving the technical issues from beginning through completion---total account management. We are looking for people who want to grow in their career, as Imperva develops and grows many of its leaders and management from within.
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning Imperva’s products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
NOTE: Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with an additional 2 years of experience working with Security or Network related products.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Experience with a cloud based solution, preferably in the Application security sector
- Experience with implementing and support of AWS and/or an Azure environment
- Strong English communications skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products