- Provide Level 1 to Level 3 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues on products.
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues based on an ISO Quality Management System-defined set of procedures. More experienced NSE's exercise excellent judgment within an ISO-certified Quality Management System set of defined procedures in order to select the best methods among several possible methods and techniques to build a plan of action and take appropriate next steps. While less experienced NSE's will still exercise discernment, however, they will work with supervision from more experienced engineers.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication, with assistance/mentoring from senior support personnel or management (limited assistance in the instance of more experienced engineers)
- Manages multiple routine to complex cases, depending on level of experience, and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Performs additional projects as required
- Our less experienced engineer will have Zero to 2 years’ working in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience working with relevant technologies.
- AssociateDegree in a related field or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Certification to 101 level certification is expected to be achieved at NSE level in their core module area of expertise.
- Not able to support visa sponsorship's.
- 3+ years’ of experience working in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience working with relevant technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Certification to 201 level certification is expected to be achieved at NSE II level in their core module area of expertise. Level 301 certification is preferred but not expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on technical experience with internetworking/data center operations including LAN/WAN operations.
- Hands-on technical experiencepreferred with internetworking/data center operations including WAN operations (e.g. DNS, Open SSL, Cryptography, virtualization, etc), Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Model, UNIX or Linux (e.g. Redhat) operating systems, VMware or equivalent hypervisors and network hardware preferred. Potential for exposure to NetworkSecurity (e.g. Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc)
- Exposure to UNIX. Some experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat. Some exposure to VMWare or equivalent hypervisors preferred.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Able to work under general instruction on routine work.
- Evidence of building strong internal/external relationships; within a team environment preferred.
- Experience with a main Customer Relationship Management system. Siebel experiencepreferred.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills together with experience supporting corporate customers and service providers in production environments preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Should be able to effectively relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels