As a Network Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing quality technical support for our growing client and partner base. You will diagnose problems and troubleshoot the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches. Our support engineers are foremost problem-solvers passionate about networking, and we seek talented, enthusiastic and tech-savvy individuals to build upon our rapidly expanding Cloud Networking Group. Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of teams within - including Engineering, Product Management, and Sales - providing endless opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging,and fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, or DHCP servers; experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks; and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. We're looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers.
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Working towards or have a bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking and IT Security, or a related discipline from a top-tier university. Complete degree necessary to begin work.
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc.