- Monitor network equipment life cycle and work with telecomm engineering and suppliers on replacement equipment. Procure, test and validate new equipment and services, develop installation and operational documentation and familiarize staff on the new equipment/service.
- Translate business requirements into technical network requirements as defined by Engineering and documented in the departmental Provisioning guide.
- Provide written recommendations and design enhancements to network systems and prepare detailed specifications for implementations; review with engineering.
- Order network equipment and carrier services required to complete a specific installation; monitor order process and complete.
- Review and assess network design and recommend changes to bring current.
- Document changes in STN format and present to the STN committee for approval. Order and provision approved solution.
- Request quotes for telecomm carrier circuits; select telecomm carrier and order and provision carrier circuits required in design.
- Order carrier circuits and network equipment required to complete installation.
- Evaluate new products being proposed for use within the Bank. Ensure appropriate documentation is in place before deploying new services and products to clients.
- Understand the overall network architecture and how packets flow on the telecomm network for voice and data.
- Understand SIP architecture and the infrastructure components that make up the Bank’s voice network
- Provide after-hours support as scheduled and on a rotational on call basis.
- Develop project plans, testing, configurations and supporting documentation as required for network projects.
- Provide training as required to orient clients on network services.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with telecomm carrier networks and operational processes, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience with telecomm carrier networks and operational processes
Proficient in LAN, WAN, MAN and/or VoIP architecture
Proficient in use of pertinent word processing and spreadsheet software
Proficient in IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) wiring standards
Excellent troubleshooting ability, including documenting a symptom summary
Good documentation skills
Good training skills
Develop operational documentation
Understanding that travel is required; 2-3 days per month
Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with telecomm carrier networks and operational processes
Technical certifications – CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)