Job Duties and Responsibilities
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Mid-Level Network Specialist: Designs, installs, maintains and coordinates the use of the network system. Evaluates hardware, software and peripheral equipment. Manages network performance to maintain high quality transmission service on the network. Maintains, create/deletes user accounts, maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures. Supervises and schedules the networktechnician staff and trains users.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and
telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Coordinates the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
- Network performance tuning, Network component upgrades, Network component patching to all COTS Network products.
- Network interfaces, external network interfaces, and other systems network interfacing.
• Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field; or equivalent preferred
• 4 - 7 years of directly related work experiencepreferred
• Experience with COMPS a major plus
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related (data center environment) experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 11-13 years w/High School Diploma
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
02-04 years w/Masters Degree