EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Network Solutions Architect with a concentration in Cloud and datacenter network automation This position will support Hughes multi cloud deployments and on multi regional data centers and be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Provide a high level of senior technical engagement throughout all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle (business objective review and design through execution)
- Assume a leadership position as a subject matter expert (SME) on Datacenter and Cloud network automation
- Provide ongoing management and support of the end-to-end network.
- Develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate the network designs
- Work with various teams to provide tooling, and operation procedures to reduce MAC (Move Adds and Changes) cycle times, eliminate service downtime and optimize performance
- Provide frameworks for Cloud and Datacenter standards, controls and governance
- Ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully met.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, telecommunications or related technical field
- 10+ years' over all experience in IT infrastructure
- 8+ years' experience in a Service Provider lead role
- 5+ years' in a hands-on role that implements engineering standards, documenting engineering designs and participating in project cutovers. that must include the following experiences
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, telecommunications or related technical field
- Any Cloud providers certifications (examples Google Professional Cloud Architect, AWS Certified Solutions, CCNP Cloud, MCSE: Cloud or VMware VCP7)
- Experience in the following:
- Designing and deploying applications in various cloud providers
- Hands on experience in deploying applications in cloud providers
- Technical knowledge routing protocols , OSPF, BGP, ISIS
- Technical knowledge of IPv4, IPv6
- Experience with automating network tools example ( Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraforms )
- Experience with writing Python applications to support network automation and cloud resource automation
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law