The Next Gen Hosting Strategy (NGHS), Data Center of the Future Strategy (DCoF) and Ford Net 3 (FN3) Strategy is a multi-phased, multi-year initiative of which a core deliverable will be the modernization of Ford's Enterprise Data Centers. The network portion includes the need to inventory existing network technologies, develop a strategy for future design, and test, certify, and release the hardware and software that's selected for the program. It is essential to socialize the network architecture with other Ford IT teams, obtain concurrence that the design will meet functional requirements (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and is operationally sustainable.
The ideal candidate would be a seasoned software engineer -- using his skills to diversify the Network Engineering team. He should also have experience working in an AGILE team environment to design, develop, test and deliver automation code through a CI/CD methodology.
- Recommend architecture and technologies' development for Network as a Service (NaaS)
- Perform life cycle management for recommended architecture/technologies
- Provide Agile/Scrum based software engineering best practices for full-stack software development
- Utilize CVS, GIT, and GitHub for Source Control Management, to deliver stable, tested, and versioned software
- Provide end user support for custom automation tools, to ensure the successful and timely delivery of network automation services that help meet Ford's business objectives
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer sessions with NetOps/Network Planning regarding usage of NaaS tools feature/functionality
- Interact with IT architects to solve business problems with network infrastructure including proper controls.
- Work collaboratively, cooperatively, and closely with technically adept and involved network management
- Work independently, team orientation and results orientation
- Experience translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- May be required to work nights and weekends during (un)planned outages and other special circumstances e.g., will need to respond to severe incident escalation on-call by Network Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years working experience with NodejS, API integration (REST), and network automation/tooling experience
- 3+ years of experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN), Data Center Fabric technologies (VXLAN, ACI, etc.), and infrastructure virtualization (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.)
- 3+ years of working experience in an AGILE team environment to design, develop, test and deliver automation code through a CI/CD methodology
- Master's Degree
- Familiarity with Cisco ACI networking hardware Nexus 9000 switches & APIC controllers and F5's BIG-IQ/BIG-IP technologies
- Network Domain/DNS knowledge
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with other network teams, engineering, planning and operations
- Proven knowledge of IP networks and Cisco network design
- Medium-level systems administration experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Apache, Oracle
- Experience with enterprise software development in support of network operations department
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience with application delivery fundamentals