$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
At Cray we're always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We're not developing products for next quarter. We're developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That's how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what's coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
We are seeking motivated and skilled senior software engineer to join our Network team as we advance our goal of bringing HPC (High Performance Computing) to the world. The ideal candidates will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, a deep set of hands-on experiences with both public and private cloud platforms and mission-critical production workloads, a passion for network-related, full-stack automation, development, and operational technologies, and an interest in the world of HPC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop Monitoring, Provisioning, Partitioning, and Topology Management software in Go
• Integration with Cray Systems Management Software (SMS) Framework and potential 3rd-party software using Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Loftsman, Ansible, etc.
• Work with industry leading teams (in-house, Kubernetes Engineering, Docker Engineering) to facilitate SDN network architectures and implementation
• Develop/implement per requirements and/or use cases with high-performance and scalability as the primary considerations
• Participate in design with team leads, when needed
• Develop domain expertise, work cross-functionally
Background and Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
• 8+ years industry experience in a similar role
• Linux software development expertise, with proven ability to produce high quality deliverables
• A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
• Passion to drive the next-generation network of High Performance Computing
• Comfortable with Software-Defined Networking, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Microservices,
• Proficient programming in Go, C++ but will be coding mostly in Go
• Some experience using network protocols such as Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLAN, BGP, EIGRP, etc.
• Some troubleshooting skills from Networking Layer 2 through Layer 7
• Some experience in Virtualization and Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
• Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern tools (Ansible, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in Agile/Scrum Software Development Methodologies and practices
• Ability to work well within a team, including working with different geographies and time zones
• An open-mind and a willingness to learn and grow
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16