The Infrastructure Intermediate Systems Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting with LAN / WAN and Network administration activities, including network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks.
- Provide Level2 Technical Support for Citibank’s global network with a focus on network infrastructure in the Americas region:
- 85% ‘Break/Fix’ support of standard enterprise Cisco Internetworking Technology solutions
- 15% ‘Break/Fix’ support for Internetworking technology infrastructure solutions such as
- Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix)
- Juniper Routers
- DNS (QIP/IPAM)
- VoIP Appliances (Avaya)
- WiFi/Wireless communications support
- Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies.
- Provide timely response to escalations from internal colleagues within CTI, Citi business clients, vendors, and others.
- Coordinate conference calls to conduct in depth technical reviews on ongoing incidents.
- Major Incident Support
- Represent NSS on conference calls for business impacting incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in NSS managed technology infrastructure
- Drive major incident conference calls as a representative of NSS through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication
- Maintain focus and poise for the duration of the major incident support cycle and work through all challenges with a results-oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution
- Collaborate with NSS Level3 Support, NSS SMEs, SDMs, Vendor Support Teams etc. with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible
- Communicate with NSS Management to provide frequent status updates regarding the technical issue, status of the remediation efforts, and ongoing business impact
- 8+ years of experience in providing network operations support. Experience supporting a network with 1000+ nodes is preferred. NOC (Network Operations Center) experience is highly preferred.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, etc)
- Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise standard Ethernet media types: Fastethernet, Gigabit and TenGigabit.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Cisco/Juniper/Arista routers and switches, SDWAN technology and Cloud services platform.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
- Any of following Industry Certifications are highly preferred*: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is highly preferred and required within 1 year of hire. Cisco Certified Network Associate is preferred (CCNA). Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate/Specialist/Professional (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP) Information Technology Infrastructure Library – Version 3 Foundations (ITIL Version 3)
*A commensurate knowledge base in absence of certification is acceptable.
Language Skills beyond English are a plus. Areas of need: Spanish, Portuguese.
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience