Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Shared Infrastructure Team seeks to foster the deployment of open access and shared transport to enable and expand broadband coverage.
In this role, you will work closely with a broad cross-functional team, including engineering, production, partner engineers, partner managers and operators/ISPs to design, develop and deploy high bandwidth services in shared infrastructure and open access environments.
- Lead bandwidth service development and management for shared infrastructure.
- Develop vision and roadmaps for bandwidth services for wholesale entities in emerging markets.
- Work with Facebook engineering, finance, partner managers, and partner operators to define and develop disruptive bandwidth products, commercial services that drive consumption and reduce unit cost.
- Support selection of new target markets and identify opportunities for deployment commercial services.
- Work with finance and partner managers to propose pricing structure and terms, and input to business cases.
- Support in-country partners in launching and commercializing bandwidth services, and developing budgets.
- Assemble presentations in support of Facebook management and external partners communications.
- Travel 30% or more of time with international travel.
- BA/BS or higher in economics/business, an engineering field or equivalent degree/experience.
- 10+ years experience in telecom industry.
- 4+ years experience in business or product strategy.
- Experience with quantitative and economics analysis.
- Experience communicating and presenting at various levels (from field to C-suite) including experience presenting to both technical and business audiences.
- Understanding of infrastructure sharing models.
- Experience working in emerging markets (especially SSA and/or southeast Asia).
- Track record of Product Management with P & L responsibility, meeting budgets and business revenue targets.
- Experience with fiber and IP networks.
- Experience with mobile network technology and services.
- Familiarity with wholesale bandwidth services and economics.