As the leading media company in America, iHeartMedia delivers music, news, talk, sports and other content to diverse audiences across multiple platforms, including: broadcast stations; online via iHeartRadio and on its stations’ hundreds of websites; HD digital radio channels; satellite; smartphones; iPads and other tablets; in-vehicle entertainment and navigation systems; and via live events. With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio and television outlet in America.
The Network Services Engineer will ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is accomplished through planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks throughout the organization. In addition, will be responsible for maintenance and support of local area networks, wide area network, VoIP, CoS, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless solutions, etc. within the infrastructure of multiple locations. The ideal candidate is well versed in core networking concepts, network monitoring and troubleshooting.
Takes architectural specifications and considers business to create cost-effective, high quality infrastructure solutions to operate the business.
- Improves infrastructure, process and toolset by engaging with other IT projects and professions to eliminate barriers and direct IT toward best practices.
- Participates in complex projects of long duration providing execution.
- Provides analysis, design consultation, and evaluation for technical or infrastructure projects.
- Manages technical deliverables in the infrastructure phase, creating detail architecture for technical solutions and providing accurate estimates for building components.
- Participates in the evaluation of new infrastructure technologies, and new feature sets of existing infrastructure technologies.
- Maintains and shares knowledge with team in both formal and informal settings.
- Troubleshoots production and non-production issues utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintains security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Primary focus on the Cisco Call Manager VoIP solution and CoS configurations.
- Experience with protocol standards such as BGP, OSPF, IP, EIGRP, VTP and Spanning tree.
- Proficient with Cisco and Fortinet firewall administration and best practices.
- Actively monitor network WAN/LAN traffic to proactivity adjust circuits to meet changing demands.
- Produce and review scheduled/on-demand performance and reliability reports. Perform root cause analysis and determine corrective actions for performance or reliability opportunities.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to procure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network solutions, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry.
- Produce secure network designs according to industry best practices
- Perform network maintenance, configuration and capacity planning
- Participate in and manage projects as necessary.
- Assist other IT staff in implementing and designing network and system solutions.
- Establish and maintain network, SOPS, and procedures.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with Multiprotocol Wide Area Networks.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with Multiprotocol Local Area Networks.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience with VoIP solutions.
- Experience with PC based tools and products, MSOffice suite.
- Experience working as a team on Projects.
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Configuring Cisco Call Manager, Cisco routers & switches
- IP Addressing / Subnetting
- Network monitoring tools including Orion NPM, NCP, IPAM
- Proficient in protocol analysis tools and sniffers.
- Related technical training preferred
- Vendor certifications in lieu of education.
- Cisco, Comp TIA Network +