Network Service Manager
The Network Service Manager is responsible for design, engineering and operational support of the corporate-wide LAN/WANnetwork environments, Wireless, Telecom services, which includes Cloud services ingress and regress traffic. This individual will manage network vendors to design, implement and provide operational support of new / existing network system environments. Full life cycle management of networking equipment including hardware and software upgrades as required. This individual will also participate in network system recovery efforts and assists security personnel in monitoring and reporting network access violations. This individual must be knowledgeable in managing complex network environments.
This role also has decision making ability for application implementation, data management, capacity planning, availability management, network, etc. as well as considering the near term and long term technology horizons based on the changing needs of the business.
- Oversee Network Operations (including controlling costs), Service Desk, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for all Cloud Services, and act as the direct liaison for the Managed Service Vendor.
- Design solutions to deliver a cost effective, standard and stable platform which can support the company’s growth strategies.
- Management of HERC owned networkinfrastructure and its associated software.
- Assist with implementing new network products or services as well as the technical resources required to manage them.
- Ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined Service Level Targets.
- Promote the resolution of incidents at quickly and efficiently by assisting colleagues with unprompted and proactive sharing of knowledge.
- Escalate issues to appropriate level when necessary.
- Contribute to and enhance security policies and procedures for service delivery.
- Ensure system management tools are implemented to provide monitoring and management of all service delivery.
- Capability to work with third party vendors (including but not limited to network, cloud, hosting, system integrators) to deliver the solution to the business.
- Ensure compliancy with all Herc IT and application standards, including all relevant regulatory corporate compliance (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, GLBA, etc).
- Conduct and lead domain design of stable, extensible architectures (e.g. infrastructure topology, environmental placement, and client-side systems for infrastructure) working with teams across the business units. Positively influence a project’s decisions and focus to ensure that it aligns with architectural principles and standards. Map architectural solutions to business objectives to ensure alignment.
- Perform necessary planning to ensure environments or solutions are adequately scalable for anticipated growth and availability. Define and implement standards and performance metrics and report on them regularly.
- Evaluate networkarchitecture and capacity design requirements to ensure that the business needs are met.
- Collaborate with domain-related experts throughout various business units to ensure designs meet established principles.
- Define and report key performance indicators to monitor process health; define and report Customer facing service metrics.
- Constant improvement of all services and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
University Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
Proven track record (7 plus years) in Network or Infrastructure Solutions Architecture, Systems Administration, Technical Development, Business Analysis. Must demonstrate a history of working across a particular domain – for example, mainframe, mid-tier, and client side environments, even if only on a small scale for an infrastructure architect.
The ideal candidate should have practical knowledge of the following:
Firm understanding of design principles to deliver a networkarchitecture with adherence to company’s stated principles
Financial and business acumen
Industry best practices and emerging trends
Current and emerging trends in their domain
LAN/WAN and Wireless
IP Addressing schema
Cisco Systems platforms
Voice over IP systems
Minimum of 10years of infrastructure development experience developing and designing networks to support custom solutions
Ability to design networking solutions to optimize performance between cloud and on-premise resources.
Strong knowledge of IT processes, general controls and project management
Full system development life cycle understanding
Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time, on budget and according to client expectations
Experience with system validation and readiness testing
Strong experience with ITIL based service management, incident management, change management and configuration management processes.
Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
Ability to transform ideas into action in demanding environments
Ability to review and analyze industry/technology trends for applicability to current and future architecture
Ability to develop, articulate, present, and promote a vision
Operates effectively within a matrix organization
Comprehends the roles of key stakeholders
Team leadership skills
Demonstrated constructive critical thinking
Basic project management skills
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a growth-oriented company, Herc Rentals is the right place for you! As an industry leader, we offer the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. In addition, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous vacation program. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!