The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are seeking a Network Security Operations Engineer to join our global Cybersecurity Operations Infrastructure team. The Network Security Operations Engineer will join Dell’s Security & Resiliency Office with the responsibility to support Dell’s Global Chief Security Officer in all matters of organizational management and execution. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and fast-moving, with the ability to independently lead projects in addition to being responsible for daily activities that ensure the overall health of the organization from an administrative and staff management perspective.
The Network Security Operations Engineer serves as operational engineer for the network security technologies supported by corporate Cybersecurity. Ensures that all system components are maintained, updated, monitored, accessible, and available according to Cybersecurity standards; while partnering with other engineers in the evaluation, testing, and implementation of diverse solutions.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise in the area of Remote Access and Firewall technologies and practices, advice and program delivery
- Develops understanding of Dell goals, business priorities/strategy, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices
- Manages projects/program execution and adapts projects/methods based on customer or business partner feedback
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent: opportunity/risk analyses, cost/benefit analyses and pricing models
- Escalates matters of business risk
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements
- 7+ years of working knowledge deploying/maintaining LAN and WAN infrastructures, and security
- Knowledge of Distributed Remote Access and Firewall technologies and practices
- Experience with security processes and documentation
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks Global Protect and Prisma Access
- Experience creating and maintaining design/engineering documentation and diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field ITIL Certification
- Industry certifications relevant to the role such as: CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, ACE, etc.
- Experience with logging technologies and Splunk
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SSL)
- Expertise with Remote Access technologies including Palo Alto Global Protect and Prisma Access
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior management level
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise
- Delegates clearly and comfortably