We are looking for a highly passionate, proactive and engaging individual to run our Security Engineering function. A good candidate will be able to Introduce new technologies and solutions to enable rapid business growth as well as mitigate security threats. We want a strong team player who can collaborate with partners in other departments to build strong security solutions to meet our business needs. The Network Security Manager leads and is responsible for all network security aspects at BJ’s.”
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Help lead a team of Network Security engineers responsible for NGFWs (Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Checkpoints), IDS/IPS, NAC, VPN solutions.
- Maintain keen oversight of the performance, stability, security, and operations of the network security solutions engineered by the team.
- Partner with Cloud Security team on network security strategy for cloud enablement and establishing next generation firewall features and capabilities
- Introduce new technologies and solutions to enable rapid business growth as well as mitigate security threats.
- Ensure the broader Network Services organization is adhering to Security best practices and principles.
- Drive technical projects and take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex initiatives.
- Collaborate with security and infrastructure teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of security appliances, applications and infrastructure services
- Assist with on-call escalation as needed.
- Influence standards and platforms for future application development.
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
- 10 or more years in an active Security Engineering role with some of that time spent on large scale corporate networks.
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large scale corporate networks and network security solutions
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise authentication protocols (radius, dot1x, kerberos).
- Strong previous hands-on experience with routing and switching technologies.
- Solid understanding of site to site and client side VPN technologies and protocols.
- Proficiency with Network flow collection and visibility tools that lend themselves to Security and overall Network monitoring functions.
- Detailed knowledge of network (BGP,OSPF) transport (TCP,UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP).
- Experience with SDWAN and cloud network security preferred.
- Prior experience as a tech lead or Manager for an engineering team.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other infrastructure teams and developers across the firm.
- Strong resource and project management skills.
- Proficient knowledge and application of regulatory controls, including PCI and SOX
- Proficient knowledge of identifying technology-related risks, developing mitigation steps, and implementing remediation
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization