Network Security / Firewall Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
TTEC (formerly TeleTech) is seeking a Sr. Network Security Engineer to join our IT team. We’re a global company that is 46, employees strong. Together, we are transforming the world of customer experience by helping our clients design and deliver simpler, more effective, efficient, and human customer service experiences that inspire customer loyalty and boost company profits.
Our global IT organization of 600 supports the entire enterprise that encompasses over 40, users across our businesses aligned in four pillars - Customer Care, Technology Services, Strategy Services, & Growth Services.
What you’ll be doing :
Under limited direction, responsible for the design, configuration and installation of our security infrastructure, including firewalls, proxy servers and policies, and virtual private networks (VPN). Provides technical escalation, maintenance and upgrade guidance to various departments and users with regards to the security environment. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers. Operations under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment while maintaining global best practices. Serves as a team leader and mentor to junior level engineers and network administrators.
You will be responsible for :
• Responsible for the implementation, testing and training of new communication projects and initiatives.
• Performs the analysis, design and development of new security initiatives.
• Responsible for integrating business systems and developing business cases within the corporate information technology environment.
• Produces design documents, presentations and standards globally for TTEC (formerly TeleTech) data network
• Capable of project managing complex technical projects, and communicating status to Customers.
Desired Skills and Experience :
• Extremely Strong troubleshooting skills on network and security platforms is a must; ability to triagle multiple, concurrent technical issues.
• In-depth knowledge and implementation skills Palo Alto Networks PA-7 Series, PA-5200 Series, PA-5 Series, PA-3 Series, PA-800 Series running PAN OS 8.X Cisco Systems ASA5500 Series running IOS 9.X, and Check Point 12200, 21800 running Gaia R77.30 with future plans to migrate to Gaia R80.10
• In-depth knowledge and implementation skills of proxy technology to include WCCP, PAC Files, specifically utilizing the Cisco WSA series proxy platform.
• In-depth knowledge of IP Routing, Quality of Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization.
• Highly knowledgeable in Dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP etc.
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex IP networks that support voice, data and possibly video.
• Team motivated, especially when implementing new solutions and troubleshooting issues - the entire team must be able to work with other groups (network, telecom, systems) to build an environment or resolve an issue
• Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of people at different levels (must have strong "people skills" to communicate basic non-technical concepts with end users, technical skills to communicate with engineering team, etc)
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 4 years of experience
• As in a computer-related field, Vendor certification classes, or equivalent experience with aptitude for certification in network administration (CCNA a start, CCNP desirable and CCIE Certification a plus).
• As a Security Engineer desired skills should be around policy, risk, assessments, and recommendations regarding technology in this related field. Course of studies should include CISSP as well as SANS certifications to complement.