Basically this positions calls for good hands-on network and securitynetwork skills, plus the skills to be able to handle some of the architectural needs in the company's environment.
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for contributing to the network/security strategy and architecture. Responsible for security solution selection, design, testing and ongoing management/administration of implemented technologies. Executes daily operational tasks and oversees subordinates to ensure effective completion of the aforementioned tasks.
- Contributes to the development of the securityarchitecture to ensure regulatory compliance and internal controls to adequately protect the organization's most critical data
- Executes key initiatives to support the overall strategic plan; develops and executes strategic initiatives to meet the overall information security program requirements
- Tests, recommends and implements solutions to support the IT infrastructure
- Tests, recommends and implements next generation technologies to ensure advanced protections of critical information and systems
- Manages, administrates and supports all implemented infrastructure systems and platforms
- Serves as a top tier escalation point for complex Service Desk requests
- Manages LAN/WAN infrastructure (Layer 1, 2 & 3)
- Monitors and tests system performance and provides performance statistics and reports
- At a minimum, must have Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred
- 8 years of relevant experience: Installing, configuring and maintaining routers, firewalls, switches as well as various types of server systems.
- 3 years of experience in Advanced NGFW Firewall, IPS/IDS, securityarchitecture design, AV, EDR/Advanced Endpoint, SEIM/Security Analytics, security operations, Email Security, VPN, Encryption, MFA, IAM, LAN/WAN, route/switch, virtualization, DLP, Windows, incident response, regulatory compliance exposure
- Travel to a variety of locations to perform work and/or attend meetings as required
- Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Management, VMWare Vsphere and Horizon, MS Exchange and MS SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of security technologies, security awareness, Fortinet Firewall Management, routing protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory administration, VMWare, Exchange, MS SQL management and Net APP management
- Familiar with CISCO IOS/IOS-XE platforms
- Experience in managing policies and procedures relative to maintaining and improving IT security.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word
Location: Dallas, TX (north)
Salary: $90-120K max