Crescent Solutions is committed to helping you as an esteemed IT Professional find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or direct hire opportunities in your area of expertise. During the initial discussion, we hope to learn more specifics about your background and skill set to determine what job opportunities will be most interesting to you. Our keep it simple approach is only part of what sets us apart from other firms in the challenging job market today.
We partner with the most innovative and well-known organizations in the industry providing you exceptional career opportunities. We are currently seeking IT professionals who are searching for technology jobs for the following opportunity:
Network Security Engineer
The role of the Network Security Engineer is to design and deploy network solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements. This individual will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the enterprise applications. The Network Security Engineer will apply proven analytical, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues and drive to root cause of network outages in a complex enterprise environment.
The position demands someone who is highly technically competent, detail oriented, and self-motivated to conduct design and support of network infrastructure.
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
- Design and deploy new platforms and enhancements to existing WAN, LAN and wireless networks including routers, switches, and related hardware.
- Review technical requirements, establish project milestones and tasks and determine level of effort estimates for their completion.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex network issues for WAN, LAN, Internet connections and end-user issues while working within internal ticketing/trouble reporting systems
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure security and integrity of the enterprise network environment.
- Develop and perform network security audits, configuration backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the organization's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation of network standards, configurations, procedures and cabling layouts.
- Perform all work in a manner to ensure interoperability and maintain compliance of enterprise network systems.
- Implement solutions and test performance, capacity and prepare and deliver performance statistics and reports.
- Monitor and test system performance, capacity and prepare and deliver network performance statistics and reports.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required
- Provides recommendations to senior or executive IT management regarding product/vendor selection, technology evolution, and design strategies.
- Effective collaboration skills to work with systems, storage, database, telephony and other technical staff to ensure reliable integration of systems and software for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Understand and abide by Incident, Problem and Change management processes and procedures.
- Provide root cause analysis and develop and execute corrective action plans for resolution of complex technical issues related to platform and service performance disruptions.
- Develop effective disaster recovery plans and high availability design strategies, and document and test these capabilities on a recurring basis.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or similar technical program or acceptable industry and work experience
- 5+ years' experience supporting enterprise networks and/or large data center environment
- 5+ years' design and implementation of layer2/layer3 routing and switching on Cisco IOS or Data Center products.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience in one or more of the following technologies: Cisco, HP, Aruba, Brocade, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, Infoblox, Solarwinds, F5
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
- Training and experience with ITSM practices.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications and implement network configurations that meet those documented requirements.
- On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role
- Flexibly to adapt to a changing environment while under pressure
- Must be a self-starter that is reliable, punctual, and consistent with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN systems as well as the complexities surrounding large scale network deployments
- Understanding of dynamic routing protocols with a minimum of 2 years' experience in design and implementation of network design
- Strong network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6
- Documented expertise with network configuration, security principles, and maintenance best practices.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, techniques, alerting and notification processes.
- Expertise with fault isolation, testing procedures, and network mapping and diagramming tools
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States