The Network Security engineer is a technical position within the Technology organization of Express Scripts. The position reports to a Sr. Manager responsible for securityinfrastructure.
- Ensure adherence to Express Scripts security design principles and information protection policies.
- Act as a technical lead for complex securityinfrastructure projects. Use existing and new capability in order to improve security, reduce overall attack surface, and provide security related visibility into network systems and services.
- Develop, document, and implement security best practices.
- Mentor operations team engineers.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure control effectiveness of securityinfrastructure.
- Consult with IT applications owners on security related issues and architecture.
- Monitor ongoing performance and capability of systems and recommend updates or modifications according to the current threatlandscape.
- Work closely with the risk management organization on security related issues (incident response, vulnerability management, regulatory audits).
- 5-8 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years of experience with a Master's degree; 11-14 years with no Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in networksecurity concepts, tools, and design
- Strong experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of Cisco ASA and/or Check Point firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
- TCP/IP based networking (addressing, routing, OSI model)
- Basic administrative experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of advanced network engineering principles, communications industry standards, and developing technologies
- Analytical Abilities - Analytical and information gathering skills allow for effective assessment of business risks and exposures. Problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to resolve cross-platform problems or to develop securityrisk solutions.
- Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Independence - Works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
- Mentoring - Mentor to other analysts and operations personnel
- Administration - Handles some routine daily administrative tasks associated with data security and specific project assignments including creating documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives prioritizing work as needed