ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology at SCE
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
This position will be part of the Grid Services department within Information Technology. The successful candidate will provide security operational analysis and support for SCE’s critical data infrastructure to ensure that the Organizational Units adhere to the appropriate Security IT Standards and Direction.
He/she will be responsible for perimeter and internal security systems including, but not limited to, multivendor firewall administration, device posturing, secure authentication and authorization servers, intrusion prevention systems, web application firewalls, network packet analysis, vulnerability assessments, network asset-management, network forensics, incident response, machine generated log analysis, log retention, and network anomaly detection and alerting. This position will also be instrumental in implementing complex SmartGrid technical Security Solutions in the Grid2 build-out. The Grid 2 project will build the next-generation secure, ultra-reliable, high-speed, multi-protocol, provider network which will combine several disparate existing networks including SmartGrid, SmartConnect, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Energy Management System (EMS), Generation Management System (GMS), and SCE Admin.
- 3 years of experience in the field of IT Security.
- Experience using security infrastructure equipment including firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls.
- Experience in Networking/Network Operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or Technical Discipline.
- CISSP certification.
- Experience configuring, tuning, and performing in-depth analysis in Security and Security related tools.
- Experience with implementation of policies and procedures for compliance and audits.
- Experience in a Security Information and Event Management System (SIEM).
- Experience with advanced firewall features; Data Filtering, Application Control, Anti-Virus, and File Blocking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.