REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Must have hands-on experience or educational background in IT System Security or System Administration
2. Understanding of incident response procedures and practices
3. Must be willing to learn and take on new tasks
4. Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team.
5. Willingness to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to effectively report on the status of assigned work
7. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
8. Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working withtemplates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
9. Keen attention to detail and willingness to see and understand the big picture.
10. Ability to absorb, retain and communicate processes.
11. Strong Communication skills
13. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and teams of varying technical and business knowledge
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior Health Information Technologyexperience.
2. Familiarity with security regulatory requirements and standards (such as NIST 800 series, MARS-E)
Understanding of, and a strong desire to work with any or all of the following technologies would be considered desirable for this position:
?Windows and Mac End-User Operating Systems
? Linux and Windows servers
? Switching and Routing
?Network Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure
?Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
? Identity and Access Management (IAM)