Primary Job Purpose:
This Network Security Position provides data network design work, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting with focus on firewalls, proxies, network security, network forensics. This role is responsible for technical management of advanced networking hardware and circuits. It provides network security services support to application developers, end users and other operational personnel and resolves client business network problems through research, network installation and customization, network administration and network management support. This Network Security role requires experience in network security, firewalls, proxies, automation, B2B VPNs, design and troubleshooting, and WAN/LAN and Internet network environments.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of datacenter/perimeter firewalls and web proxy servers.
- Act as subject matter expert on network security and firewall policy analysis, QA, and review.
- Perform network and security hardware and software maintenance.
- Ensure standards are maintained for firewalls and other network edge device version updates & patches
- Interface with vendors to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities.
- Produce and interpret network security analysis reports.
- Team with the Cambia Information Security Team to implement and operate security policies and procedures.
- Provide, on an as-needed basis, escalation for network outages and application troubleshooting.
- Stay up to date with the always evolving technologies used to secure a corporate network
- On-call and after-hours support work is required
- Experience designing and managing complex global enterprise networks, understand advanced design principles to secure a heavily regulated network
- Experience with next-generation network firewalls (Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco)
- Experience with routing protocols; EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and Policy Based Routing
- Experience managing large datacenter networks
- Experience with Cisco (Nexus) switches and routers
- Experience with employee remote access solutions – Cisco AnyConnect, F5 VPN, or similar
- Experience troubleshooting complex network connectivity issues
- General knowledge of configuration automation using REST APIs, Jenkins, Ansible, Python
- Experience with web proxy servers/appliances (Cisco Web Security appliance)
- Traffic monitoring and analytics such as packet capture analysis, with tools like Wireshark, NetScout and Splunk.
- Setup and maintain QOS
- Expertise with B2B IPSec VPN solutions both design and maintenance
- Expertise with IPv4 routing
- Technical knowledge of popular Internet applications (such as cloud-based VoIP solutions), IPv6 and certificate management
- Experience with cloud security – especially AWS’s security solutions, as well as 3rd-party cloud firewalls and proxies.
- Experience with IaaS and SDN.
- Experience with scripting and operational automation relating to network security work and Infrastructure as Code.
- Familiarity with the latest Internet protocols, tools, and conventions used by developers.
- Familiarity with browser troubleshooting for business sites.
- Experience spotting network issues based on packet captures.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.