Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you looking for something new, exciting and challenging? We are seeking a talented and upbeat Senior Network Engineer for a rare opportunity to influence the design, integration, engineering and operations of Apple’s Global Remote Access infrastructure. The person who joins our team will have the opportunity to work on multi vendor networks composed of Remote Access, Network Security, WAN, and Data Center technologies. Competence and familiarity with scripting languages is a major plus! ***This position can be located in Sunnyvale, CA or Austin, TX***
- Strong Layer 4-7 knowledge, with Layer 2-3 troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with VPN technologies and configurations (IPSec - IKEv1, IKEv2, SSL/TLS…)
- Proficiency with handling network device configurations (e.g. IOS, IOS-XR, JunOS, ASA, PAN-OS)
- Experience with network management protocols (e.g. SNMP, SYSLOG, etc.) and NMS Tools.
- Knowledge of PKI Digital Certificates, OCSP and relevance to remote access VPN services.
- Experience with enterprise routing and switching (configuration/deployment/operations)
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Perl, Python…) - improve operational efficiency / automation
- Splunk Admin/Power user experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress while handling multiple projects.
- Real passion for excellence - highly desired!
BS/MS or equivalent experience
CCIE or equivalent certification/experience - Preferred