SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Network Security and Systems Administrator is responsible for the Information Security of all Software and Services (BU) IT assets and will work in conjunction with the IT department on the administration, management, maintenance, planning, and design of the entire S&S on premise and public cloud servers, services, and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with i3 Verticals Information Security team to design, plan and deliver a NIST Cyber Security program that follows CIS Controls
- Provide technical support to manage and secure all servers, network equipment, and cloud resources in the organization
- Ensure technology components meet security needs and work together seamlessly using the full range of capabilities
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
- Stay informed around modern security events and best practices so as to be able to educate management about new technology, features, solutions, and trends.
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement with an eye on security
- Champion Information Security and help train employees on best cybersecurity practices.
- Independently approve and implement technology projects to support core business needs.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures including data backup and restoration systems and processes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
- The successful candidate must have:
- Three years working with IT and network Security
- Some IT-related coursework and/or IT certifications
- Proven ability to learn technology quickly
- Knowledge of common IT infrastructure patterns
- Strong networking knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
- Experience with cloud computing/elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
- IT/Security-related certifications strongly preferred (CISSP etc.)
- Some software development experience preferred