A global Asset Management firm is seeking a NetworkSecurity Analyst to join their team in New York. This candidate will partner withother technologists to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet the needs.
- Provide consulting services on new initiatives
- Develop proposals for senior management
- Lead detailed design phases for small to large projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Develop, code, document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Perform disaster recovery for entire system in different situations.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions.
- Provide on-callsupport of network appliances and a security role for applications
- In depth technical knowledge of IP Internet working and the security exposures and mitigating designs and processes associated with them
- Working knowledge of traditional and next generation networksecuritytechnologies to identify and combat internal and external threats while delivering a secure, scalable and consistent service.
- Experience installing, configuring and adminitering CheckPoint and Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- NetworkSecurityexperience in a mid to large organization
- Experience planning and executing change using the ITIL framework
- Checkpoint certification is a plus
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Palo Alto Certified
- CISSP a plus
- Conflicts and issues resolution and escalation
- Systems Knowledge
- Experience in networksecuritytechnology
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Strong understanding of security exposures and mitigating designs
- IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & audit requirements