Network Security Admin
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
Provide administration and support of a critical enterprise service. Stay informed of emerging threats, preventive and defensive measures available with the current solution and configurations. Maintain the health and patching of the proxy solution. Provide daily updates and briefings and written weekly reports and metrics.
Individuals interested in a Network Security Administrator position require a strong technical background, including a working knowledge of network management protocols, networking architecture, authentication practices, and security administration. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations. They also should have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Implementing networksecurity policies and procedures
- Administering and maintaining firewalls
- Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
- Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary networksecurity updates, patches and preventive measures are in place
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
- Performing intrusion detection analysis
- Managing web proxy appliances
- Creation and modification of custom SNORT Rules for IDS architecture
- Support architecture and infrastructure for web proxy appliances
- Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
- Support a critical enterprise service
Required Education: None
Description: Intensive and progressive experience in the candidate’s field of study and specialization
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
- DOD 8570.01-M compliance IAT II = CompTIA SCA+, CompTia Security+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP and RHCSA