Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for sevenyears in a row. Tilson is looking for a dedicated and self-drivenNetwork-RF Engineer to join the team. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated background in Radio Frequency and logical IPNetworking, with knowledge of SATCOM being a plus. Candidate should also have priorexperience in and be able to articulate a logical and systemic approach totroubleshooting with emphasis on basic signal flow. TheNetwork-RF Engineer will be asked to develop, test, deploy and maintain Utility, SmartGrid, IntelligentTransportation, Carrier based, and commercialnetworks and systems working both independently and as a part of a larger project focused team. TheNetwork-RF Engineer will be challenged in multiple directions daily and should enjoy this kind of dynamic environment. Responsibilities:
- Apply layer 2/3 networking skills to meet customer requirements.
- Use RF fundamentals to utilize various RF modeling and design tools to produce accurate and reliable RF propagation studies.
- Work with customers to understand objectives and requirements, and conceptualize and put into practice new solutions.
- Define, analyze and document MOPS, system requirements and specifications, and system architecture.
- Develop and maintain a standards based corporate training environment with an emphasis on posturing technical resources to best support emerging customer requirements.
- Develop and integrate components to form new solutions as a team lead or individual contributor.
- Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product. development lifecycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints.
- Support proposal preparation and program definition as a team lead or individual contributor.
- Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers.
- Minimum of 8years of experience in logical IP based networking and/or RF/wireless communications.
- The demonstrated ability to learn and put into practice new technologies and systems expediently.
- Working knowledge in operating and troubleshootingmobile SATCOM systems and cryptographic equipment.
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating system and IP/Networking equipment, including configuration, application, and troubleshooting of routers, switches, traffic shapers, and IP networks.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on cross-discipline engineering teams to develop, integrate and deploy software intensive RF/wireless communications systems.
- Experience in RF communications systems design and analyses (e.g. link margin, system performance and reliability analyses).
- Practical experience with antennas, power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, receivers, propagation, attenuation and associated effects on RF communications system performance and reliability.
- Knowledge and practical experience in wireless communications signal processing including the following areas: modulation and demodulation and 2G, 3G and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g. GSM, GPRS, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE).
- Experience in design and development of signal processing algorithms for hardware/FPGA based platforms and software defined radios (SDRs).
- Practical experience in modern wireless and wireline telecommunications protocols and signal processing.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills, especially in working with senior leadership and external customers.
- Travel regionally and nationally.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment