The selected candidate will be a key member of a team responsible for the sustaining and maintenance of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and protocol processing for OLT products.
- Consult with extended ADTRAN R&D and Account Team personnel on DPoE and North American Cable specific requirements, design, and support activities.
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess experience in the design and development of carrier applications.
- Design, develop, test, configure and maintain cutting edge existing and new software frameworks and platforms.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed team's other developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholders
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- 15+ years' experience in Cable networking, carrier switching, or PON access products Software Development Life Cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Science is required. Master's Degree preferred
- Cable Access (CMTS/CCAP) and/or DPoE System system design with expertise in DOCSIS and/or DPoE MAC & Upper Layer Protocol Interface (MULPI), MEF, and Architecture requirements.
- Experience with Broadcom DNX class SoCs and SDK. Work with DOCSIS Mediation Layer (DML) or DPoE Emulation application is highly desired.
- Expertise in embedded Fast Path Network Processor and SoC SDK integration. Skilled in all applicable tools, environment and methodology associated with embedded operating system
- LINUX application development experience required.
- Evaluation and Assessment of existing design & implementation, Requirements & Acceptance Criteria Elaboration, Architecture & High Level Design, Estimation and Planning, Implementation and Unit & Component Level Test.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Technical mentor to junior level colleagues
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Customer focused and value oriented
- TRAVEL (EST) 5-10%.
- Communications -- Applicant must possess excellent oral and verbal communications skills. The Applicant must be able to professionally interact with co-workers, hardware design engineers, software design engineers, and supervisors in order to convey a high level of design verifications issues, technical ideas, procedures, and instructions efficiently and effectively.
- Initiative/Follow-Through -- Applicant must have excellent self-study skills to develop and maintain an understanding of new technologies, must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a group environment for the completion of design tasks, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Leadership: Incumbent must possess the ability to lead new designs, lead new projects, lead small teams of design engineers, and guide less experience engineers as required.