Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our organization as a Network Performance & Engagement Manager.
This role is responsible for driving performance engagement initiatives with value-based providers including; including advancing use of data and tools to achieve cost and quality success under value-based contract targets as well as enhancing administrative performance through collaboration.
This person will play a key role in managing the Harvard Pilgrim Provider Engagement model built on a foundation of credible and collaborative provider partnerships.
They will engage the network by developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external, analysts, contract managers, operations and management staff, as well as interacting with physicians, nurses, and other staff who support provider performance. They will support the identification of areas of focus and development of interventions to drive improvement.
They will support development and delivery of externally facing communications, messaging, training, process adjustments and maintain a 360-degree view of provider entity. They will identify areas of potential opportunities, barriers to success, and work collaboratively to execute actionable change impacting; cost, quality, plan/provider collaboration and operational efficiencies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating account servicing to implement, maintain operations, and to support critical engagement activities to achieve and surpass performance (cost & quality) targets.
- Provide performance management consultation with the delivery and management of performance reports, providing feedback and education, and guiding actionable initiatives from data.
- Oversee, Manage, and cross coordinate engagement activities and interventions with supporting areas (Network Services, Health Informatics, Finance, Health Care Services, Operations).
- Co-facilitate and support provider performance discussions with internal and external leadership.
- Act as a provider performance and engagement internal and external expert with deep knowledge of market trends, competitor approaches, and differences in provider models and infrastructure.
- Provide technology and reporting training to value based entities as needed; serve as a resident expert on these applications/tools.
- Consistently seeks way to enhance the providers engagement in performance activities to achieve annual goals.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years-experience working in a health care/plan setting or program/operations setting
- Ability to build relationships, appreciate differing perspectives, lead by influence, identify barriers, and execute operational tactics used to fulfill strategic goals
- Experience with supporting operational implementing of value-based care models, ACO's, or performance-based reimbursement models
- Experience in understanding health system landscape
- Experience with leading and contributing to project development, management, and execution
- Ability to synthesize and summarize data for a broad audience
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and trust
- Hypothesis driven to identify trends, predict issues, highlight critical areas, and develop corrective action plans
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT:
- Paid volunteer time off (up to 3 days annually)
- Open Time Off (include for exempt positions only)
- Annual Mini-Grant of $500 donated to a non-profit organization of the employee's choice
- Educational Reimbursement