Job Summary and Objective of the Position
This position is assigned to a team providing 7x24x365 support in diagnosing operational issues with applications, operating systems and hardware, leveraging industry standard tools and techniques to identify solutions to technology related issues in Protective Life Corporation’s Network Operations Center.
Primary Job Functions:
Mainframe Operator Responsibilities
- Executes manual cycles and jobs using IBM z/OS mainframe and AS400 to ensure timely service level agreements (SLA) in support of corporate business operations
Mainframe/Distributed System/Network/Environmental Monitoring
- Ensures mainframe and distributed system availability and production scheduling.
- Monitors mainframe and AS400 operations for operator alerts, messages and/or error indicators.
- Monitors servers and applications utilizing WebNM, SCOM and available resources.
- Monitors network and facility infrastructure using SolarWinds, EnviroNet and available resources.
- Receives and responds to all customer inquiries/requests promptly and appropriately
- Strives to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction
Print Operator Responsibilties
- Perform mainframe and network production printing to ensure service level agreement timeliness.
- Ensures quality of print products, including: MICR print, customer policies and statements, and reports
- Ensures timely distribution of print products to meet SLAs for walk-in customers and the mailroom
- Analyze, Identify and diagnose faults and symptoms utilizing the appropriate tools according to established processes and procedures.
- Uses incident management software to log, document and close customer requests and system problems in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs incident triaging and troubleshooting problem analysis.
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required:
Bachelors degree in a technical field preferred but not required. Minimum of 2-3 years of technical school training or equivalent work experience in a related field required.
Minimum of 6 years experience in a 24x7x365 mainframe production or network operations systems environment. Mainframe print experience is a plus. Ability to work various hours, shifts, holidays and overtime as required.
Minimum of 3-4 years of professional, technical, or customer support experience in a corporate environment supporting at least 1000 users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Projects a positive attitude.
Accepts change in a productive manner and contributes to efficient implementation.
Demonstrated effective time management skills.
Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Strong customer service skills.
Flexible and reliable.
Strong customer service orientation and desire to embrace technology as a means of improving service.
Must be a team player.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
Understanding of LAN, WAN and Citrix environments.
Understanding of TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS, DHCP and Subnets.
Good analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
Ability to complete job requirements work with minimal supervision.
Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Ability to lift 30 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.