Network Operations Team Leader
- Posted: August 10, 2017
- Indiana, PA, USA
Work Days and Expected Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Additional hours and on-call time as needed to meet the objectives of the department.
Function: Serves as the technical lead within the network operations team. Leads the network operations group in responsibilities of managing the computing environment by identifying systems and network requirements; installing systems/upgrades; monitoring system and network performance. Assists the Cyber Security and Network Operations Manager by participating in planning and designing, as well as leading the implementation of IT systems and networkinfrastructure solutions. Leads and works on technical projects affecting the networkinfrastructure, as well as IT related systems for various lines of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Advises the Cyber Security and Network Operations Manager on matters of networking, network security, and infrastructure support.
2. Mentors Network Operations staff.
3. Manages the network infrastructure; network systems and devices, servers and virtual environments, and infrastructure services (email, storage devices, backup solutions, and firewalls).
4. Assists in the management of network security services (virus protection solutions, vulnerability management, anti-spam, host-based protection solutions, and incident response).
5. Manages and participates in projects; to include efforts supporting various lines of business along with infrastructure engagements.
6. Researches new technologies and performs proof-of-concept implementations approved through the annual budgeting process.
7. Develops procedural documentation.
8. Leads the team in performing upgrades, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure, networking hardware devices, systems and software.
9. Maintains network and system performance through monitoring and analysis, tunes and optimizes performance based on findings; works with the Network Operations team to resolve issues.
10. Provides support to service requests as escalated from the IT Help Desk and the Network Operations team, troubleshoots, and resolves issues as assigned.
11. Leads audit remediation activities for the network operations team.
12. Analyzes and documents current processes and workflows.
13. Responsible for maintaining current network and system design documentation.
14. Builds project plans and works with management to develop and coordinate schedules.
15. Identifies, assesses and minimizes project risks to ensure successful project completion.
16. Maintains regulatory compliance to relevant systems and assets; develops necessary documentation to support compliance evidence.
17. Keeps current with technology and systems through continued education.
18. Maintains inventory of network assets used within the infrastructure.
19. Attains, and maintains, technology certifications assigned as relevant to designated responsibilities; such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or relevant SANS GIAC Certifications.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned in accordance with qualifications.
Operates a keypad device: 45% of the day; operates electronic equipment: 40% of the day; operates office equipment: 10% of the day; travels: 5% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, elbows, legs, lower torso and feet. Standing is required one hour per day; sitting is required6 hours per day; walking is required one hour per day. Routinely lifts 20 lbs., 2 times per day; maximum lift is 50 lbs., 2 times per day. Depending on the day, person could be working help desk and would be sitting all day. Travel kept to a minimum. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing up to 40% of the business day. Must be able to focus visually near and far, specifically at close distance of 18”-20” for data entry for a period of up to 60% of the business day and for occasional travel. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Excellent written communication Novice Excellent verbal communication Novice Ability to work independently Novice Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Novice
Associates or better in Information Technology or related field.
10 years:Requires 10+ years of network administration experience. Ability to plan and design network and system architectures. Experience with mobiletechnologies. Experience implementing configuration management process and procedures. Experience in securing networks and computer systems. Experience in managing systems and networks under regulatory compliance.
Licenses & Certifications
Cisco Cert Network Prof
CISCO Cert Net Assoc