Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Operations professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process outsourcing services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Outsourcing professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
- Will function in a customer facing role and therefore expected to be approachable and service minded.
- Provide Tier 2 engineering support during critical operational incidents as necessary.
- Support the architecture team during the transition into production.
- Maintains current network infrastructure and leverages the manufacturer for advanced support.
- Maintains high network availability for redundancy and resilience.
- Understands and accounts for peak load and manages peak load events
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational efficiency.
- Optimizes, implements and monitors network performance.
- Maintains and reacts to Enterprise grade network monitoring system.
- Assists in the deployment of network equipment for new office build outs, domestically and internationally.
- Assists in the deployment of WAN circuits, including MPLS VPN’s and P2P IPsec circuits.
- Review and audit router ACL’s for user access.
- Helps with security audits of the network system and improves the security posture.
- Manages the wireless infrastructure, from implementation and optimization to daily operational support.
- Tests disaster recovery setups both on a global and on a site by site basis.
- Teams with technical engineers and the service desk to ensure the coordinated management of incidents
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Incident Management Tools, Knowledge Management tools and of the monitoring procedures and business environment
- Seeks opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance and is receptive to constructive feedback
- Identifies trends in repeat and critical errors
- Supports in the automation of the routing or fixing of incidents through accurate recording of information and trending of operational peaks and troughs
- Able to interpret system errors at a basic level assess the risk of events and escalate appropriately to protect client services.
- Support and resolve PCI and SOX compliance regulations as related to the client’s global network.
- Will use project lifecycle methodology including the creation of project plans, charters, budgetary estimates, and network documentation.
- Recommend and lead changes to project methodology as appropriate.
- Coordinate other technical and PM resources to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Participate in team initiatives with other engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing standard architectures that align with best practice principles
- Provide and update training materials and documentation
- Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in network operations
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. J
ob candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.