Summary of Position:
The Network Operations Metrics Team Manager is responsible for leading a team of Analyst/Specialist/Developers in designing, developing, maintaining and supporting reporting applications used by Network Operations and Centralized Engineering to report on performance, quality, accuracy, and on time delivery of services provided to Frontier 's customers and business partners. Network Operations Metrics Team works closely with Network Operations Process Support, Network Operations, Centralized Engineering, IT, Vendors, and other external Organizations to establish and support solutions for key initiatives of the organization.
Experienced manager with experience managing direct reports that is proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio. Customer driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal and customer interface skills. Excellent organizational and analytical skills, process and detailed oriented, as well as be a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results. The manager should have the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, amongst various levels of the organization. Ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously is necessary. Alignment and prioritization of projects with the strategic goals of the company is a key skill for this role within the organization.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting, analysis, and visibility.
- Lead team meetings and effectively work with team members for analysis discussions, and project development status.
- Provides guidance, leadership and fosters collaboration with team, internal departments/business units to ensure project/team goals are met.
- Facilitates the collaboration of team goals and objectives which align with those of the corporation and responsible for communicating as needed
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching for growth and advancement.
- Escalates and engages appropriate leadership/key project stakeholders to resolve significant issues that will impact project deadlines, as needed
- Ensures that every member of their team has the appropriate systems access, training, tools, process, and protocol documentation needed to perform their applicable function.
- Manages the development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of employees on their team.
- Ensures all employees participate in and complete all required training.
- Manage team's project workload; includes receiving project requests and assigning projects to team members.
- Prioritize projects based upon the needs of the business.
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier reporting tools: TIBCO, Spotfire, SQL Developer/Oracle
- Design, and build reporting
- Report requirements gathering, mock up design and presentation experience is a plus
- Understand business process but excel in the system design and implementation pieces.
- Identify opportunities and drive change in KPI performance through data analysis
- Create and deliver executive presentations for company KPI performance
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of data analysis/systems analysis role within the telecom industry is preferred.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Analyze data and validate assumptions. Selects appropriate relevant data and extracts from various internal and external sources.
- Manipulates raw data sets into information fit for analysis applying needed logic.
- Act as a design team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management
- Partners with team members to monitor data to recognize patterns and analyze trend.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components
- Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Proficient in requirements gathering
- Proficient knowledge of Frontier systems
- M6, DPI, VxField, Spotfire, TIBCO, Salesforce
- Proficient with databases, Informix, DB2, MS-SQL and strong SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience writing SQL queries and analyzing data