Sony Interactive Entertainment (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Network Operations Engineer
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a primary member of the NetworkEngineering team, you will be responsible for the development, support and mid to long term considerations of an advanced global IP network that adheres to the highest standards to provide robust, low latency game streaming services to PlayStation Now customers around the globe.
- Contribute to the design and enhancement of the global backbone and datacenter infrastructures.
- Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve on sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Guide and assist deployment engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior engineers in interpreting and reacting to networkevents.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with service provider IGP implementations.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Comfortable with core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Capable of mentoring junior-level network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Experience with Juniper MX , QFX and EX series platforms.
- Experience with ISIS
- Experience with BGP route dissemination in a global network environment.
- Familiarity with MPLS-TE
- Familiarity with IPV6
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with optical media.