Leidos seeks a Network Operations Engineer/ Linux Admin to support our DoD customer in San Antonio, TX.
In this role, you will provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service.
You will also utilize your broad experience in configuration, testing, documentation, maintenance, administration, and operation of a variety of voice and data network protocol standards and a broad range of devices such as:
- Linux servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- F5 traffic management
- Windows servers
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Fluent using the Red Hat Linux CLI and a solid understanding of Linux kernel and operating system initialization.
- Experience with Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, Bash, or Shell
- Experience configuring and using automation tools such as: Ansible, Puppet
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices such as: switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as: OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Red Hat, Cisco and Juniper